Invisalign is a new system of straightening teeth without the use of conventional braces. A series of clear plastic aligners are utilized to create tooth movement. Moving teeth with removable aligners is not new. However, the computer program, which can generate a series of aligners with small changes is the new part. Invisalign is recommended for orthodontic situations with mild to moderate spacing or crowding. They are virtually undetectable, easy to use and comfortable to wear.
What is Invisalign:
Invisalign is a made of virtually invisible series of plastic trays covering your teeth that are changed about every 2 weeks and progressivly straighten the teeth. Many people don't realize that success of Invisalign treatment is depended on the dentist designing and treatment planning the case therefore it's important to have an experienced dentist guiding the technicians at Invisalign, not just allowing the software to automatically design the case. As a Preferred Invisalign Provider, Dr. Nelly has done many cases has a vast experience even in very complex Invisalign cases, and will use this experience to virtually design your aligners within Invisalign software, and make the treatment plan that will optimise the outcome for you.
The Advantages of Invisalign Versus Conventional Braces:
- Invisible on the teeth
- There are no restriction on food that you can eat.
- The discomfort is none to minimal as compared to regular braces, no gum irritation from metal or wires
- Completely removable for your special event
- No restrictions on oral hygiene, you can brush and floss normally
- In many cases the treatment time is shorter than regular braces, with fewer visits
- Can be cheaper than regular braces
- Invisalign does not put as much pressure on the teeth, thus minimizing unwanted side effects such as root resorption, teeth extrusions, or enamel decalcifications like regular braces
- Invisalign is great for minor movements such as ortho relapse or pre-cosmetic treatment movement
How Invisalign is Done:
First you will come for a consultation with Dr. Nelly. If you are a candidate for treatment, Dr. Nelly will make a treatment plan for you, then your radiographs, photos and models of your teeth would be taken and submitted to Invisalign. Then Dr. Nelly will virtually design your treatment plan and when ready, all aligners will be manufactured and sent to the office. After that you would change your aligners gradually straightening teeth with some periodic visits to the office. It's very important that you wear your aligners full time to acheive maximum results and ensure it's working properly. You now have an option to reduce your treatment time by half (you would change aligners every week insted of every 2 weeks) by using special device called AcceleDent for just 20 minutes a day! Lastly, you would get a set of retainers to maintain your new smile. Retainers are very important to wear for the rest of your life as the teeth can shift later on. We can offer different kinds of retainers, as well as Invisalign certified Vivera retainers.